This bowl is so delightful for lunch. It can be eaten either cold or hot. I personally prefer to heat it up before eating it. I meal prep the ingredients ahead of time which makes it SO EASY to throw together in the morning for lunch in the afternoon. It’s easy to whip up if you have the roasted sweet potato cooked.
You can substitute pretty much any kind of meat, or veggies here! But this combination is heaven.
Sweet Potato Buddha Bowl
Recipe: Yields 1 Buddha Bowl
- 4-6 Cups Baby Spinach
- 1/4 Chopped Avocado
- Micro Greens * (optional but helps boost nutrients)
- 4 oz. Ground Turkey
- 1/2 Cup Roasted Sweet Potato
- 2 Tablespoons Hummus
- Coconut or Olive Oil for Cooking
- Start by heating a non-stick skillet, and adding a little bit of oil.
- Add your spinach. It won’t take too long for it to cook and wilt. It may seem like a lot of spinach but it will get smaller once it’s sauteed. You can add bell peppers, or mushrooms here to boost the flavor and a little bit of salt and pepper if you wish.
- Next, assemble the bowl. Place the cooked spinach, then the rest of the ingredients and top with hummus.
- If you meal prep this recipe, simply heat it up in the microwave for 1:30-2 minutes and then stir it all up and eat it.
*Note – this recipe stores well in the fridge for about 3-4 days!*
I am not kidding when I call this “The Best Healthy Tuna Salad” EVER! I was always convinced that tuna salads were never going to be the same without mayo…and don’t get me wrong…those are childhood favorites! But this one may just be my ALL TIME favorite. It has no mayo, but has full healthy fats. It’s satisfying, has amazing texture, wonderful sweetness from the sweet potato, and creamy! You can also skip the bed of greens and add this to a wrap or put it on 2 slices of bread for the best sandwich! I’ve made this a weekly staple in my house 🙂
The Best Healthy Tuna Salad
Recipe: Yields 2 Servings
- 1 5 oz Can of Albacore White Chunk Tuna
- 1/4 Cup of Hummus
- 1/2 Avocado Diced into Cubes
- 2 Chopped Hard Boiled Eggs
- 1/4 Cup of Finely Diced Celery
- 1/4 Cup of Finely Diced Onion
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1 Teaspoon Dijon Mustard
- 1 Tablespoon ACV (Apple Cider Vinegar)
- 1/4 Cup of Roasted Sweet Potato
- 1/4 Cup Mixed Roasted Nuts with Raisins
- 2 Cups Mixed Greens or Baby Spinach
- Vinaigrette of choice or extra ACV for finish
- Start by mixing the tuna with the hummus, avocado, eggs, celery, onion, salt, pepper, and mustard until it’s nice and creamy. You can now make two servings out of this mixture or save half for the next day!
- Place half of the mix into your bed of greens or spinach. Top with roasted sweet potato, nut mix, and drizzle your favorite vinaigrette for that extra flavor or ACV.
Hope you enjoy this recipe!