I love me a good frittata for so many reasons. It packs a punch of healthy nutrients and you can eat it for pretty much any meal. It transports really well for picnics or work lunches too! I love making these ahead for the week to make it an easy grab and go meal. It also pairs beautifully with a side of toast smothered in peanut butter, a muffin, or fruit! The possibilities are endless.
I hope you enjoy this healthy and delicious dish as much as I do!
Yields 4 Slices
- Olive Oil or Cooking Spray
- 1/4 Cup White Onion
- 1/2 Shredded Zucchini
- 1/2 Cup Sliced Mushrooms (Optional)
- 1/4 Cup Bell Pepper Strips
- 1 Garlic Clove Minced
- 5 oz or 2 Cups Chopped Raw Kale
- 1/2 Cup Unsweetened Almond Milk or Milk of Choice
- 20 Egg Whites or 10 Eggs
- 1/2 Cup Mozzarella Cheese
- 1/4 tsp Chili Flakes (Optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven at 425 F.
- Start by drizzling an oven safe pan, and adding the kale. Cook for about a minute then drizzle a little bit of water to allow it to steam and wilt. Cover it with a lid, and add the rest of the veggies until they’re partially cooked through.
- Meanwhile whisk the egg whites (or eggs), and the milk.
- Add the wisked egg whites into the pan with the cooked veggies and with a wooden spoon move it around a little bit.
- Add in the salt, pepper, cheese evenly then put it in the oven.
- I usually bake for about 8-10 minutes until the top is bubbly and set. Then I cool it completely and slice it with a pizza cutter into 4 slices!
- It keeps well in the fridge in an airtight container for 4-5 days.
- Use any veggies you want here, or add some chicken or sausage for an extra punch of protein!
- You can substitute eggs for egg whites, or any kind of cheese or milk in a pinch. (I’ve made it with feta cheese as well- so tasty!)