Are you ready for an amazing, healthy, delicious lunch recipe? This is my FAVORITE salad, and i’ve been making it for YEARS…that’s right…YEARS. It’s fresh, healthy, and keeps me full for hours.
Not to brag but I do get complements on how pretty this salad looks when I go out to eat with my office colleagues! It’s quite funny actually. It’s as delicious as it looks, and perfect all year round.
You can easily assemble 4-5 of these salads in tightly sealed tubs for that busy week meal prep! They store beautifully in the fridge all week long.
To make this an easy meal prep:
- Chop and roast a couple lbs of sweet potatoes. I drizzle olive oil on them, sprinkle some salt and pepper, and bake them in a cookie tray at 450 degrees F for about 30 minutes. Store them in a freezer bag in the freezer making it easy to just add on top of this yummy salad or any dish!
- Grill your chicken in advance, and then chop it up. I love buying chicken tenderloins and marinating them with lemon juice, cilantro, garlic, mustard, salt, and pepper then grilling them for about 6-8 minutes on each side until juices run clear and internal temp is about 365 F.
- To assemble- grab a 7-8 cup plastic storage tub, and place the greens first, then the rest of the ingredients on top (except for the nuts).
- Roast the nuts in advance then divide them individually into snack baggies or wrap them in foil and then pour on top of the salad before eating.
- Put the dressing in 1/4 Cup containers individually as well so you can drizzle onto the salad just before eating.
Kale Salad with Apple Cider Vinaigrette
Recipe: Yields 1 Big Salad or 2 Side Salads
For the Salad-
- 5 oz. Roughly Chopped Raw Kale (or 2 Cups)
- 1/4 Chopped Avocado
- 1/2 Cup Roasted Diced Sweet Potato
- 2 Tablespoons Crumbled Feta Cheese
- 4 oz. Chopped Grilled Chicken Breast (about 1 Cup)
- 2 Tablespoons Nut and Raisin Trail Mix
For the Dressing-
- 1 Tablespoon Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Tablespoon Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 Teaspoons Spicy Brown Mustard
- 1 Tablespoon Honey
- salt & pepper
- Start by making the salad dressing. In a small bowl whisk olive oil, vinegar, mustard, honey, salt and pepper until creamy and dressing consistency.
- Next, remove the tough stems from the kale leaves and chop them into small pieces, so that the salad is easy to eat. Add the kale to the bowl of dressing, and use your hands to “massage” the dressing into the kale. The kale should soften and shrink as you do this.
- Add the rest of your ingredients on top, and mix everything together! For an extra kick of flavor, you can roast the nut and raisin mix over some foil in the toaster oven until they are nice and golden. Let them cool, chop them up, then add them to the salad.
Hope you enjoy this recipe!