This is currently…my favorite pizza. I have major cravings for carbs, and cheese these days and this pizza always hits the spot!
What’s even better is that this pizza takes little to no effort to make, it’s delicious, AND healthy! It checks all the boxes.
I used store-bought cauliflower crust here. My favorite is the one from Trader Joes! I also used a store-bought hummus as the base for the sauce. My favorite is the Spicy Hummus Dip from Trader Joes.
The beauty here is that you can swap pretty much anything and add some color (and nutrition) with the veggies. This “recipe” gives you an idea on how you can make a delicious, and healthy pizza!
Fresh Tomato and Arugula Pizza
Yields 6 slices
- 1 store-bought cauliflower pizza crust (I used the one from Trader Joes but you can use any crust)
- 1/3 cup store-bought hummus (I used the Spicy Hummus Dip from Trader Joes)
- 1/3 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- big handful of arugula
- 1 tomato cut into slices
- Additional toppings- chicken, sausage, pickled jalapenos, roasted corn etc. these are all delicious!
• Preheat the oven to 450. Line your pizza pan with parchment or nonstick spray. Bake your cauliflower crust per the instructions on the box. For the TJ’s one it says 12 minutes face up, then I do 10 minutes on the other side.
• Prepare your toppings! I start with the hummus and spread it around, then the cheese, tomatoes, veggies, protein, then arugula.
• Pop it in the oven for about 5 minutes or until cheese melts.
• Let it cool slightly then cut into 6 equal slices with a pizza cutter.