These little bites are heaven in your mouth, and they are the perfect snack at any time of the day. They are delicately sweet with the dates, and the outer candy coating of cinnamon and sugar. You’ve got to give these a try!
I used a vitamix blender to make these but a food processor would work perfectly here.
The perfect pre-workout snack!
Yields 15 Bites
For the base of the bites:
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1 scoop whey protein (I used Hammer’s vanilla flavor)
- 1/4 cup flaxseed meal
- 1/2 cup pretzels*
- 100g medjool dates
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup or honey
- 3 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup water
For the coating:
- 1-2 tablespoons melted butter or coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons granulated white sugar or coconut sugar
- Place all the ingredients except the water in a blender and blend until it gets crumbly.
- Add in the water a little bit at a time until you form the dough then turn the blender off.
*Please note: the pretzel is optional, but I like the texture and the savory to sweet taste 🙂