I love me a good stack of fluffy pancakes, and since it is berry season I thought i’d share my current favorite!
Maple syrup is optional but provides that perfect hint of sweetness. I love them a little less sweet so I can smoother them with all the maple syrup and nut butter I want! So good. Besides blueberries are super sweet and delicious (I mean it is blueberry season). Let them shine, let them shine, let them shine.
These pancakes also pack a healthy punch of fats, fiber, and protein! Winner winner pancake brinner. 🙂
Yields 2 Servings or 6 Pancakes
- 1/2 Cup Almond Flour
- 1/2 Cup Oat Flour (Rolled Oats Blended Into Flour)
- 2 Tablespoons Flaxseed Meal
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 Cup Almond Milk
- 1 Teaspoon Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 Large Eggs
- 1 Teaspoon Coconut Oil
- 1 Teaspoon Maple Syrup *Optional
- 1/4 Cup Blueberries
- Toppings of choice- Maple Syrup, Banana, Nut Butter, Ghee
- In a small bowl, mix the dry ingredients- almond flour, oat flour, flaxseed meal, baking powder, and cinnamon.
- In a separate small bowl mix the almond milk, apple cider vinegar and let it sit for 5 minutes for the ultimate fluff!
- Next add the eggs, coconut oil, and maple syrup.
- Pour the blended wet ingredients into the dry mix and with a spatula fold until it’s just combined (do not over mix).
- Heat the pancake griddle to medium heat and then pour the mix to the griddle and top with blueberries. Cook them for about 1 ½ minutes on each side or until they’re golden on each side
- Transfer them to a plate and top them off with your favorite toppings! Maple syrup, bananas, nut butter, or more blueberries.