Today I’m sharing my no bake treats! Delicious chocolate chewy bars are topped with a peanut butter drizzle and sprinkled with chocolate chips. So much goodness is filled in one bite..and it’s hard not to eat them all at once!
It’s beginning to warm up quite a bit, and I don’t know about you but I LOVE no bake desserts when it’s hot outside. These tasty treats are perfect when they’re served cold.
No-bake Chocolate PB Treats
Yields 4 bars
- 2 1/4 Cups Marshmallows
- 4 Tablespoons ( half a stick) Melted Butter
- 2 Cups Cheerios
- 2 Tablespoons Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 1 Tablespoon Maple Syrup
Peanut Butter Topping:
- 2 Tablespoons Peanut Butter Melted
- 2 Tablespoons Coconut Oil Melted
- 1 Tablespoons Maple Syrup
- Chocolate Chips for Topping 🙂
- Grease a 3×5 loaf pan with cooking spray or butter
- Melt the butter in a medium pan and add 2 cups of the marshmallows (save 1/4 cup). Once both are melted and smooth add the cocoa powder, maple syrup and mix well, then add the cereal and remaining 1/4 cup of marshmallows.
- Press the mixture into the loaf pan with a spatula and put the pan in the freezer for 10 minutes to allow it to harden or in the refrigerator for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile make the peanut topping. In a small pan -melt the coconut oil and peanut butter until smooth (this happens very quickly so keep an eye). Transfer it to a small bowl and add in the maple syrup.
- Once the bars harden run a knife around the edges so it comes out easily and transfer it to a cutting board.
- Drizzle the peanut topping with a spoon (it should be runny) and then top it off with chocolate chips.
- Put it back in the freezer to harden for another 10 minutes or in the fridge for 20.
- Cut into 4 slices and ta da!
*You can absolutely double the recipe and prepare it in a brownie pan and store them in an air tight container in the fridge for up to a week!
*You can substitute any kind of cereal here…i had Cheerios 😉 You can also substitute coconut oil or any kind of butter instead!