I’m always looking out for delicious breakfast recipes, and muffins that I can bake at home. I made this one especially for my fiance since he loves eating muffins or a loaf of sweet bread in the morning with coffee on days we don’t eat our morning waffles. Yep! that’s a thing at our house…we eat waffles before doing long bike rides…or on days we have off together (but i’ll get to that later). I try to include as many healthy/delicious recipes into his life as i possibly can.
He loved this bread, and it was perfect before a simple bike ride in the morning or on the go. This recipe is wonderful, and please let me know if you try it!
Apple Cinnamon Bread
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons dry uncooked oats
- 1-2 teaspoons cinnamon ( i love cinnamon…so i go a little over that)
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
1 cup rolled oats (blended into oat flour)
- 1 cup whole-wheat pastry flour or all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 large eggs
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/3 cup coconut oil (you can use any type of oil)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cup cinnamon apple sauce or 2 cups of shredded apples
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- Combine crumble topping ingredients in a small bowl; set aside. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray pan with cooking spray.
- Place dry oats into a blender and process into a flour-like consistency. Lightly spoon whole-wheat flour into dry measuring cup; level with a knife. Combine oat flour, wheat flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder and cinnamon in a large bowl.
- Combine eggs, honey, oil and vanilla in a medium bowl; add sugar, stirring until combined. Add apple sauce; stir until well combined. Add flour mixture; stir just until combined. Gently stir in walnuts.
- Pour batter into loaf pan and sprinkle with crumble topping. Bake for 1 hour or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes in pan on a wire rack; remove from pan. Cool completely on wire rack.